As you know, I am very interested in gardening. I felt that my petunia section was lacking something, and so, with a little help from MomFOD, I installed a water feature to make things more interesting! My friend Nissy over at Nerissaslife.com asked if I would share my plan so he could make a water feature, too!
Here’s what the finished product looks like:
This is actually the MOSTLY finished water feature. After this photo was taken, we elevated the bucket a bit so you could see two layers and see the spray better on cloudy days. Here’s how we did it:
- MomFOD found a pot in the alley someone was throwing away. She took it home and got laughed at by DadFOD.
- After insisting she could make SOMETHING of this pot, MomFOD patched up the holes with some really strong glue then painted it with a water-proof rustoleum-like paint to protect the plaster that was visible.
- DadFOD helped MomFOD drill some holes into the bottom to let the water through from rain. Then MomFOD sealed the sides of those holes with some puffy gorilla-like glue to protect the pot.
- MomFOD used a plain old 5-gallon plastic bucket for the inside. She roughed it up with some course sand paper and then applied the same paint she used for the outer portion.
- We put the bucket inside the outer pot, filled it with water, and then placed two bricks inside of the same color for some height.
- We bought a solar-powered water pump online for about $15, attached that to the bricks, and adjusted the height and spray head. Then we ran the solar panel out to the sunniest spot for all-day sun. And there it is! Right near my delicious cat grass garden.
Now birds and other creatures have some water when they come visit, and I have something to look at!
What do you think?
PS. I am never left unattended with the water feature. Always attend your pets when letting them look at water features. That’s my PSA for today.
PPS. Calling all questions for July’s Ask The Psychic with Psychic Source! Do you have a question for our psychics? Please leave a comment or email me at crepesAT catinthefridge.com by Friday for a chance to have your pet question answered by a psychic!